Now you can click on photo and it will zoom in. Thanks to the HighSlide Javascript. How to do it? its in my "Blog Stuff" page...

Saturday, September 13, 2014

IDF Merkava 2 with KMT-4 Mineroller - ITS DONE!!

And its finally DONE!!!

on Friday September 12, 2014... with 1 day to spare until the event..

the rest of the W.I.P can be viewed All my Merkava 2 WIP.

Something come up at the last minutes, so i cannot make it to the event Modern AFV Showdown.. so this will only make an appearance as a virtual entry :(

Since i'm not really into figures.. so my base for the Merkava is without any figure.

This a very good experience for me and quite frankly only my 2nd tank that i did weathering to this level...
still much.. much.. more to learn and a lot more mistakes to encounter.. but this is it for this Merkava 2.

Enjoy the photos.. :) (click on the photo for a larger view) 
comments are welcomed.

will take a few days of break before i proceed to my next project... Stryker ICV and a few pending aircraft models on the workbench....

Thanks for the visit..

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

IDF Merkava 2 with KMT-4 Mineroller - Wip#5 - FINAL

UPDATES...3 Days to go!!

The rest of the WIP can be viewed @ All Merkava 2 WIP

i really hope that this is the last WIP update for this build.. next update (...hopefully...) is a completed updates...

from my eyes.. this is about as much i can do for this build.. still a few things pending which will be added by the time this completed... and still have 3 days until the event....

thing that i need to add:

1. Antennas
2. cover/mesh/net cover for the turret basket.
3. add machine-guns
4. blend the track to the base
5. add some Future to the front of the tank... a puddle of water if you may.
6. almost forget... flat coat the turret
7. A proper photoshoot for the build..

Unfortunately... the Jersey Barrier i created earlier will be present in this base sad.gif.. due to space constraint.. sad.gif

until then.. enjoy the grainy photos below..



KMT4 Mine roller

until later.

Thursday, September 04, 2014

IDF Merkava 2 with KMT-4 Mineroller - Wip#4 - Dry fit

9 days and counting!!

progress report as of last night... biggrin.gif

the base is basically at 70% done... now i need to make sure the base is not too out of place compared to the tank...

need to test the composition and start "joining" the tank to the base..

Merkava 2 Build LOG..

as a dry-run below are the progress thus far..

(i might change the tank position to have it facing the other way, as i'm running out of land area for the tank)

side view (note the "joining".. need some toning there and also some fine sand..)

A little close-up on the turret. note that the turret window now have a glass cover.. i use a confetti leftover with the "ok" color.

the same for the driver window on the main hull (is this what they are called?

UPDATES on the Jersey Barrier

- My 2nd polyfilla barrier is out from the mold and it seems that the addition of the PVA glue works wonder biggrin.gif .. will add more in my future Barrier biggrin.gif

time to tone-down the base groundwork and need to add some propaganda flyers to the barrier... and also some barbwire and accessories for the tank


Tuesday, September 02, 2014

IDF Merkava 2 with KMT-4 Mineroller - Wip#3- Jersey Barrier

With the dateline fast approaching... and

11 days to go...

Merkava 2 Build LOG..

After a few days leaving the cast to dry in a room temperature (not able to put it outside due to the gloomy weather)

its done and i'm glad that the WD-40 that i used as the release agent works wonderfully biggrin.gif

below are some shots of the completed jersey barrier..
noted that i still need to fill some of the holes there.. and leave some as a "decoration" for the barrier.

Side B

Side A

I primed the barrier with industrial Surfacer to cover the polyfilla.. its not as hard as resin but i guess it will be ok..
I somehow think that this is better than the plastic barrier i created earlier...
sure looks better that this

 My 2nd Barrier in the works

The 2nd barrier i added a small amount of diluted PVA glue to the mix in my attempt to make the polyfilla less "brittle"... hope that the WD-40 release agent works wonder this time around

after a dry-run.. i noticed that i might not have enough space on my base for my jersey barrier blink.gif .. let see how this would works later on...

as for the tank itself... almost done with the weathering (i rarely weather my tanks, so this is another attempt of mine for weathering)

will post more photo later
Related Posts with Thumbnails